In order to connect to a multi user key, you must uninstall your current version of EASYLABEL and install EASYLABEL Multi User. This is because it contains specific code that knows to look for a WIBU key on the network. However, existing formats will work with EASYLABEL Multi User.
For a total labeling solution, EASYLABEL is available in six separate versions, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Multi-User, Terminal Server and Start (FREE). Choose the best one to fit your labeling application from the
| Version Comparison Chart|
Designed with the user in mind, EASYLABEL 5
was derived from a comprehensive list of requests and suggestions
from our customers. The idea was to take the stability,
reliability and functionality of the current EASYLABEL products
and implement a new, sleek and intuitive design to give
EASYLABEL 5 a more Windows-like appearance. Basically, if
you are familiar with today’s office applications, then you will
feel very comfortable with EASYLABEL 5. Not only has the
graphical user interface (GUI) changed, we’ve added many
new and exciting features such as a Format Browser that
makes finding specific fields much easier, an EAN/UCC-128
Wizard, an FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance toolkit, and the
ability to design and print Multi-Lingual Hazardous Chemical
labels. There was also a significant enhancement made to
the database functionality. EASYLABEL 5 has an internal
database editor that gives you the freedom to view and edit
most any database from inside EASYLABEL 5!
EASYLABEL 5 IS BETTER
Simply stated, EASYLABEL 5 is easier. Unlike the “bargain”
packages, EASYLABEL 5 includes every conceivable method
of making label design easy, fast and accurate. You don’t
have to be computer literate to fulfill complex labeling
requirements. The goal of EASYLABEL 5 is to make you productive,
successful, and more effective. Basically, it does all
the hard work for you, so you don’t have to. With the shortest
learning curve in the industry, you’ll be making labels
faster with EASYLABEL 5 than with any other labeling software
EasyTutor is a multimedia training companion to EASYLABEL 5.
Its purpose is to help you gain a solid working knowledge of
the features and functions of EASYLABEL 5 through movies
EasyLabel Windows User Interface
ONLY EASYLABEL GIVES YOU THESE FEATURES
• Print Queue - Unlike other programs that use the
Windows’ Print Manager, EASYLABEL 5 features a unique
Print Queue that gives you the ability to manage your label
printing jobs like no other program! In a production situation,
you can stage more than 200 print jobs and modify their priority
for complete flexibility. Set up an entire day’s production at
the start of a shift! The Print Queue provides an accurate picture
of your print job status by showing the number of labels
yet to be printed. You can also save all non-printing jobs in the
Print Queue for future use, even if you exit EASYLABEL 5. Only
EASYLABEL 5 gives you these powerful features!
• Arithmetic - Using field names, literal values and
mathematical operators, you can create complex equations
quickly and easily.
• Sell by Dates - Easily create sell by dates and date/time
stamps for food and drug labeling.
• Serial/Consecutive Numbering - For production or
shipping control as well as serialized plates and ID tags.
EASYLABEL 5 supports incrementing and decrementing in
numeric, alphabetic, alphanumeric, hexadecimal and octal.
You can also create your own custom increment sequences
for your proprietary numbering system.
• Thumbnail Preview - Allows you to view label formats,
TrueType fonts and graphics giving you the ability to quickly
and easily create and edit labels.
• Languages - EASYLABEL 5 is available in English,
Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian,
Japanese, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
• Middleware Capabilities - With such powerful features as Command File Monitoring, 32-bit ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) and ActiveX/COM controls, you can effortlessly communicate with and control EASYLABEL 5. Printing can originate from an AS/400, mainframe, UNIX, or host system. A link to Visual Basic, Delphi, C, C++ and other applications that support ActiveX facilitates the creation of custom screens, entry boxes and controls. By using EASYLABEL 5, you can connect to MRP II (Manufacturing Resource Planning), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and BAAN, as well as MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
• Terminal Server - EASYLABEL 5 Terminal Server provides you with all of the features that the Platinum version offers with the ability to be run on the Windows Terminal Server platform (Remote Desktop Services). The software and hardware key are only installed on the Server. This makes the management of the software a SNAP!
• RFID - EASYLABEL 5’s RFID Wizard will allow you to program and print High Frequency (HF) and Ultra High Frequency (UHF) smart labels. The RFID Wizard will also assist you in creating an Electronic Product Code (EPC) and allow you to import the data to be programmed on the smart label from numerous sources.
ADVANCED DATABASE FUNCTIONS
• EASYLABEL 5 supports Microsoft’s ActiveX® Data
Objects (ADO). The ADO database client provides you
with the fastest, easiest and most productive means for
accessing all kinds of data sources including relational
and non-relational databases.
• Using the ADO database client in EASYLABEL 5,
you can connect to external databases such as Oracle®,
Informix™, Paradox®, Btrieve®, Microsoft Access®, AS/400®,
or any other database for which a driver or provider exists.
ADO even allows you to access your non-relational databases.
• Databaseview is a new database editor that has
been incorporated into EASYLABEL 5. This new editor natively
supports the Microsoft Access® structure allowing you to
edit and create Access databases from within EASYLABEL 5.
With the appropriate drivers you can view and edit almost
any database structure including dBASE®, Paradox®, and
Microsoft FoxPro®, as well as many popular spreadsheet and
• dBASE® II, III, III+, IV and ASCII text files from
another computer system can be read directly as a Source
of Data for label printing. When using our internal database,
you have the ability to retrieve any record in less than two
• EASYLABEL 5 now provides you with the tools to
design the most complicated chemical labels with certainty. If
your task includes placing localized Risk and Safety phrases
on your labels, EASYLABEL 5’s Database Cross Reference
function will help you accomplish this. Using Database
Cross Reference you are able to not only pull in data from
one database but from a second, third or more. Database
Cross Reference acts as a pointer that directs EASYLABEL to
the database where the data is stored.
ADVANCED LABEL DESIGN
• EASYLABEL 5 was developed to enhance and
speed up your label design tasks. Our “ruler” on the design
screen speeds up format layout. Functions like on-screen
stretching, resizing of fields, extended crosshairs, snap to
grid, multiple zoom levels and support for TrueType fonts
(including the ability to adjust height and width of TrueType
fonts independently) allow you to design, test print, proof
and print labels faster and better than ever.
• EASYLABEL 5’s new Graphical User Interface
(GUI) employs a new, sleek and intuitive design that anyone
familiar with today’s office applications will feel right at
• The appearance of EASYLABEL 5 can be changed
to suit the requirements of individual users by customizing
which colors are used in the program, and which toolbars
are displayed. Program icons can be large or small and
you have the option to display dialog boxes either tabbed
or as a single style sheet.
• EASYLABEL 5’s new Format Browser allows you to
keep track of the fields that exist on a format. The fields can
be located through an expandable “tree” structure where
they are grouped by Field Type, Data Source, Conditional
fields, Increment/Decrement fields, Hidden/Phantom fields,
and TrueType/Device fonts.
• EASYLABEL 5 supports UNC (Universal Naming
Convention) taking the guesswork out of printing to a network
printer. This allows you to print to any printer that is shared
on a network, either within the local network or from anywhere
in the world.
• Use IP Printing (Internet Protocol) to print to a printer
anywhere in the world, that is connected to a Print/Device
server or Ethernet card, by using DHCP (Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol) or its IP address.
• Connect to multiple printers by using a multi-port serial
interface card such as DigiCard or RocketPort. By using such
devices, EASYLABEL 5 can support over 128 COM Ports
from one PC!
• Support for two-dimensional bar codes such as
Aztec, Codablock, PDF417, Micro PDF417, MaxiCode,
DataMatrix, QR Code, and RSS-14/Composite.
• Complies with FDA ingredient labeling requirements
and Department of Transportation, OSHA, and local governmental
regulations for hazardous material warning labels
and “Right to Know”.